We stand for equality, fairness, and religious freedom. We envision an America where anyone can freely choose a faith and support it voluntarily or follow no religious or spiritual path at all and where the government does not promote religion over non-religion or favor one faith over another. We believe that:
• The taxes we pay should not support religious teachings or religious institutions;
• Public services intended for everyone should neither indoctrinate nor coerce participation in worship;
• Religious beliefs should not be an excuse to deny healthcare, refuse people services, or disobey laws protecting Americans from discrimination and abuse; people should not be harmed by others in the name of religion;
• Taxpayer-funded public schools serve children of many faiths (and no faith) and should not promote religion or pressure students to take part in prayer or worship; and
• In the public square, government should erect, maintain and sponsor only civic symbols that unite us, not sectarian symbols and messages that highlight our areas of disagreement.